Friday, October 9, 2026
Show HN: Apogee: Rebuilding Mozilla's Orbit, fully local and private https://ift.tt/oW1MnLR
Show HN: Apogee: Rebuilding Mozilla's Orbit, fully local and private Hey everyone! Last year, Mozilla released Orbit, an AI-powered browser summarizer hosted on a GCP server. After people started digging into the extension, they discovered things like backend endpoints such as store_result. Eventually, Mozilla discontinued the project. For the past month, I’ve been trying to rebuild Orbit from scratch, but with one major difference: Apogee is fully local and privacy-focused. Apogee doesn’t send or store your data. It can directly connect to your local Ollama instance for inference. I’ve also added WebGPU integration for Chrome and Transformers.js for Firefox to provide faster, local responses. It can summarize: Articles and websites, YouTube and Billie videos, Wikipedia articles ,Hacker News and Reddit threads. Install Apogee: Chrome: https://ift.tt/72XHvLZ ... Firefox: https://ift.tt/1upzl4O Obviously it is far from complete. Would love to hear your feedback and suggestions! https://ift.tt/jhdvuzK October 9, 2026 at 01:06PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Show HN: Proton Drive for Linux https://ift.tt/Ijq6tE0
Show HN: Proton Drive for Linux Hello everyone, I wanted to share this small project that I have. It's born out of a necessity that I ha...
-
Show HN: WebApp that blows water out of your phone's speakers https://ift.tt/2VmXkOf March 16, 2021 at 08:22AM
-
Show HN: Music player for big local collections with mpd support mpz is a C++/Qt music player focused on UX, with derectory tree and playlis...
-
Show HN: Stickerbox, a kid-safe, AI-powered voice to sticker printer Bob and Arun here, creators of Stickerbox. If AI were built for kids, w...
No comments:
Post a Comment