Saturday, December 25, 2021
Show HN: I hype drivingly recreated my website and it was awesome https://ift.tt/3yWptR9
Show HN: I hype drivingly recreated my website and it was awesome Hello HN, I had some christmas free time over the last two weeks (Merry Christmas btw ;-)) and used that time to completely recreate the website of my app[1]. I used all the fancy new tools. I didn't know some of them when I started. What was my goal? * Pretty website * Blazing fast * Mobile first * SSR * Webp support * Generally all the best website practices (high lighthouse score) What did I use? * Tailwindcss (https://ift.tt/2vB1u9d) * Tailwind Components (https://tailwindui.com/) * React (https://reactjs.org/) * ViteJs (https://vitejs.dev/) * Kubernetes (https://kubernetes.io/) Well what can I say. I hate creating websites, but this was an awesome experience. Never have I created a website more efficiently. Tailwindcss + Components is just the best. ViteJS is so so so much easier to setup compared to webpack and has SSR support on top of it. React has been around somewhat longer and I did a lot of projects with it, so that was a nobrainer. Special thanks to all the people who created these awesome tools. PS: If you work with lots of images, do yourself a favor and use something like https://ift.tt/3qhEKYM. It saved me hours of dreadful work. [1] https://stockevents.app December 25, 2021 at 04:40PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Show HN: Gat – Version large files with Git, without an LFS server https://ift.tt/WGAXl83
Show HN: Gat – Version large files with Git, without an LFS server Hi HN, I built Gat because I wanted one thing from data versioning: check...
-
Show HN: WebApp that blows water out of your phone's speakers https://ift.tt/2VmXkOf March 16, 2021 at 08:22AM
-
Show HN: Music player for big local collections with mpd support mpz is a C++/Qt music player focused on UX, with derectory tree and playlis...
-
Show HN: Stickerbox, a kid-safe, AI-powered voice to sticker printer Bob and Arun here, creators of Stickerbox. If AI were built for kids, w...
No comments:
Post a Comment