Saturday, March 22, 2025

Show HN: DAPS – Prime-Adaptive Search for Discontinuous Optimization Problems https://ift.tt/v7gHQO3

Show HN: DAPS – Prime-Adaptive Search for Discontinuous Optimization Problems I've been working on a global optimization algorithm that uses prime number-based adaptive grid search. It dynamically adjusts resolution by increasing or decreasing prime numbers as "resolution knobs" — allowing it to handle discontinuities, sharp valleys, and chaotic landscapes better than naive grid search. The repo includes Python and PyTorch-compatible versions, benchmarks against grid search, and a research paper. Would love feedback from optimization, ML, or numerical analysis folks. Curious if anyone sees potential applications or improvements. GitHub: https://ift.tt/Gkz2NOT Paper: https://ift.tt/iL7jltJ.... https://ift.tt/Gkz2NOT March 23, 2025 at 11:19AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show HN: Gat – Version large files with Git, without an LFS server https://ift.tt/WGAXl83

Show HN: Gat – Version large files with Git, without an LFS server Hi HN, I built Gat because I wanted one thing from data versioning: check...