Monday, June 19, 2023
Show HN: Multiplayer Word Scramble in Browser Using Common Lisp https://ift.tt/6vny3zg
Show HN: Multiplayer Word Scramble in Browser, Using Common Lisp Thirteen Letters is a web-based, competitive word scramble game I made for Lisp Game Jam (Spring 2023) [0]. The gameplay isn't novel, but it's a multiplayer browser game that's written in 100% Common Lisp (cf. the source code [1]). The front end uses Parenscript, Spinneret, and cl-css to translate s-expressions to JavaScript, HTML, and CSS, respectively. The back end is built using the Hunchentoot web server, Hunchensocket for WebSockets, and yason for JSON, running on SBCL. I'm fairly new to Common Lisp, so I'm not qualified to dispense advice, but I found having a REPL on the live service to be convenient for monitoring activity, toggling settings, and fixing minor bugs on the fly. It's a lot of fun for hobby projects, although I'd be much more cautious with anything important--I definitely broke the live service a few times by not being careful! I posted a more thorough braindump elsewhere [2]. Let me know what you think! I'm happy to answer any questions. I'll play for a while, to hopefully give people a moderately worth opponent :) [0] https://ift.tt/hqjzCJ3 [1] https://ift.tt/BcKjx25 [2] https://ift.tt/NvRYXdK... https://ift.tt/Phjevgs June 20, 2023 at 02:47AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Show HN https://ift.tt/LgJ3vuH
Show HN This is origintracer a low level observability tool of the modern web stack. It observes nginx, Gunicorn, asynchronous Python, Uvico...
-
Show HN: WebApp that blows water out of your phone's speakers https://ift.tt/2VmXkOf March 16, 2021 at 08:22AM
-
Show HN: Music player for big local collections with mpd support mpz is a C++/Qt music player focused on UX, with derectory tree and playlis...
-
Show HN: Stickerbox, a kid-safe, AI-powered voice to sticker printer Bob and Arun here, creators of Stickerbox. If AI were built for kids, w...
No comments:
Post a Comment